Mobility and autonomy go together. Americans are part of a society in which transportation is readily available. Whether it’s a car in your garage or a metro pass in your wallet, you are probably accustomed to being able to get around at will. Many who retire to a senior living community are used to driving themselves everywhere. However, there are a number of reasons why that is not necessarily possible anymore. Perhaps you have chosen to give up your car for the sake of finances and reduced hassle, or increasingly impaired vision, peripheral neuropathy, or arthritis make driving impractical or unsafe. Nevertheless, you want to be sure this decision does not render you house-bound.
Senior transportation services are a fundamental and necessary part of a quality senior living facility. Thus, it is essential to ask, “How will I get where I want to go?” when shopping for a retirement community. Find out about senior transportation assistance at Calder Woods, a luxury senior community in Beaumont, TX. Reach out to ask questions and schedule a visit. Our number is 844.536.0569, or you can complete our simple online contact form.
Senior Transportation Services
For seniors living in retirement communities or at home, there is no reason for giving up the car keys should mean a loss of independence. Americans value their mobility, and accessible transportation options for seniors are vital for physical and mental health.
- Access to medical services – Without transportation, seniors can miss appointments, or their continuity of care may be interrupted. These consequences can have a real and lasting impact on health.
- Options for mitigating social isolation – Even in a vibrant community like Calder Woods, many residents want to meet friends for lunch, spend time with their adult children and grandkids, and interact in a bustling, lively public settings.
- The chance to live a full life of meaning and value – Art lovers should be able to get to the museum. Those who enjoy fishing need access to the fishing dock. Birders have to go where the birds are. Sacrificing these interests and passions that make life rich should never be necessary.
Where Do You Want to Go?
Just because you are over 65 does not mean you want to sit in a rocking chair all day. There are so many rewarding and fun places to see and things to do no matter what age you are. For example, in Beaumont, residents of Calder Woods might want to access senior transportation services to go to:
- Bolivar Peninsula Beach for a day of sun and sand
- The Art Museum of Southeast Texas to experience the work of local artists
- The John Jay French house, the oldest surviving home in Beaumont
- One of many local restaurants to enjoy food ranging from TexMex and Cajun to Vietnamese and a good old-fashioned steak house
- Cattail Marsh or the Piney Woods for a birdwatching walk
- Great shops from boutiques to antiques
The possibilities are endless for someone who does not want to be stuck at home. Senior transportation services can get you where you want to go.
Find Senior Transportation Assistance at Calder Woods
Our transportation services are available any time of day. We will ensure that you do not have to be dependent on family or friends to get you where you need or want to go. Our mission is to provide you with a safe and rewarding life experience in your senior years. This includes transportation as well as all the other services and amenities we offer. We seek to uphold Buckner’s five core principles:
All of these are reflected in our commitment to providing senior transportation services, regardless of your level of mobility.
Learn more about Calder Woods and how we can serve you, including our transportation services. Call 844.536.0569 or fill out our online form to connect with a staff member.