Finding the right assisted living for senior parents can be overwhelming if you do not know what to look for. You want to make sure you find a senior community that provides the right level of care and where they will be happy. Learn how to get parents into assisted living and what to look for in the right senior living home.
Buckner Calder Woods makes finding the right senior living option easy with our full continuum of care. If your parents need a little extra help each day, our assisted living facility can offer the right balance of independence and assistance. To find out more about how to get a senior into assisted living and determine the right level of care, reach out to us today at 844.536.0569.
Finding the Right Assisted Living Facility for Your Parents
Finding the best senior living option for your parents does not have to be stressful when you know what to look for. Here are some things to keep in mind when looking for an assisted living community for your senior parents:
- Consider location requirements. You may wish to have your parents live nearby so that you can visit regularly.
- Consider your parents’ potential future needs, such as skilled nursing or memory care. Choosing a facility that offers multiple levels of care can allow them to remain in the same facility for the long term.
- Review the costs of assisted living and your parents’ budget. One quick way to narrow down assisted living choices is by considering the budget your parents are working with and how much each facility costs.
- Think about the types of amenities your parents would enjoy. Do they like golf or swimming? Are they interested in arts and crafts or taking educational classes? Look for assisted living facilities that offer amenities that match your parent’s interests.
Finding the right blend of amenities and care on a budget that works for your parents will be the key to helping you find the right assisted living center.
How to Get Parents into Assisted Living
Once you have found the assisted living facility for your parents, the next step is learning how to get a senior into assisted living. Here are a few tips to help with this process:
- Have a discussion with your parents about the need for assisted living. This can sometimes be the most difficult part of getting your parents into an assisted living facility. Some seniors are resistant to moving into a senior community because they have misconceptions about what it involves. Be sure to show them some of the best features of the assisted living facilities you think are the best fit for them, and let them know how it will improve their quality of life to have daily assistance.
- Determine how assisted living costs will be covered. One of the biggest obstacles to getting into assisted living is funding. Find out if your parent’s health insurance will cover some or all of the costs. It is also worthwhile to see if they qualify for any financial assistance programs to help cover the costs of assisted living.
- Reach out to assisted living facilities early on to find out if there is a waiting list. It is never too soon to start inquiring so that you can ensure your parents can get into the facility that is best for them. It is also a good idea to ask about any necessary paperwork or other requirements to get started with to avoid delays.
If your senior parent qualifies for financial assistance for assisted living, you may need to arrange a visit with their doctor to certify that they require assisted living services. Accompany your parent to doctor visits so you can help advocate their need for these services.
Buckner Calder Woods: The Best Assisted Living for Senior Parents
When you choose Buckner Calder Woods for your senior parents, you will have the peace of mind of knowing they will receive top-notch care in a beautifully landscaped, friendly senior community. To learn more about our senior living options and to schedule a tour of our facilities, reach out to us today at 844.536.0569.