There are many factors to consider when you are thinking about making a move to a senior living community. Many relate to aesthetics, health and safety considerations, and a good fit, but it’s best to be realistic. Cost is as much of a non-negotiable as those things, if not more so. How do you know if you can afford senior living? Sitting down with the people within the senior living community who have the answers about expenses, talking to your financial advisor, and using a cost calculator are recommended steps. Then, make the final decision about whether you will move and where.
For people curious about senior living costs in Beaumont, TX, consider contacting Calder Woods. As one of the Buckner Retirement Services communities, Calder Woods offers a wide range of services to meet your needs and satisfy your wants. Our staff can walk you through the available options, costs, and plans. Fill out our online form or call 844.536.0569 to be connected to a person who can answer all your questions.
Independent Senior Living Costs
There are numerous line items on an average person’s budget, including things like mortgage or rent, utilities, upkeep, groceries, taxes, and more. When you crunch the numbers, you often learn that overall senior living costs are commensurate with, or even lower than, independent living expenses.
The list of expenses below shows which ones you may include in the costs of a retirement community and which ones depend on where you choose to live. For instance, you may have dependent costs. These may include mortgage or rent – dependent on where you live. In addition, you may require caregiving. The cost of these services is also dependent on the level of support you need.
The costs below are typically included in the cost of senior living:
- Home repair
- Home maintenance
- Property taxes
- Lawn care
- Exercise and fitness
- Security systems
- Cultural, educational, and social events
Benefits of Senior Residence Community Living
How much does senior living cost? You can plug in numbers next to the list above to see how the bottom line looks. But also consider the difficult-to-quantify costs of choosing not to move.
How do you put a price tag on items such as:
- Peace of mind – Imagine not having to worry if the roof leaks or your property taxes go up.
- Community – The aging process can be lonely, and it often becomes more difficult to break out of isolation.
- Access – At your fingertips, you have nutritionists, hairdressers, physical therapists, and support staff to help you with challenges. You can also have chef-cooked meals, activities, and outings that interest you but that you do not have to plan, and so much more.
- Healthy living – When older folks live on their own, they tend to cut corners. They may lose touch with a healthy lifestyle because getting around and making it to the gym or heading out for a walk gets harder.
- Security – If you get sick, fall, or have a health emergency, there is a staff right there 24/7 to help get you the help and care you need.
How Much Does Senior Living Cost at Calder Woods?
Find out today. Get out your calculator, add up your expenses, and then talk with your family. Make a list with them of the pros and cons of leaving your family home in favor of a supported life within a welcoming community. In this community, you can maintain autonomy while accessing professional and experienced staff and other amenities.
At Calder Woods, residents have many senior living options, including:
- Recreational programs
- Educational programs
- Nutrition education/counseling
- Group outings
Reach out to Calder Woods today. We can answer all your questions about independent senior living costs and more. Use our easy online form or just pick up the phone and dial 844.536.0569.