Even the most loving and compassionate family member needs to take a break from full-time senior care. You cannot continue to give if your reserves are depleted. Respite care for the elderly is such a blessing for families who provide all or much of the care for their aging loved ones. Perhaps you support the needs of a senior who suffers from a disabling condition or chronic illness or someone who simply needs regular support due to frailty, forgetfulness, or depression. In such cases, respite care for seniors can help you recharge.
Supporting loved ones, helping them maintain quality of life and mental health, and offering them the compassionate care they need is meaningful and rewarding. However, it can also take a toll. Contact Calder Woods for more information if you are looking for respite care facilities for the elderly in or near Beaumont, TX. Our online form will connect you, or you can dial 844.536.0569. We can answer your questions and explain all the respite care options available to you.
When Do You Need Respite Care for Seniors?
There are a number of circumstances that might call for respite care for your senior loved one. For example:
- When a caregiver is going away – Do you have a family wedding coming up or a long-awaited trip? Are you worried about who will step in to care for your aging parent? Respite care is ideal in this situation.
- You need a break – It is okay to seek respite care when you simply need to refuel so you can return to caregiving with renewed energy and resilience.
- The level of care required increases temporarily – For example, has your loved one been recovering from a medical setback or just had a recent hospitalization due to surgery or illness? If so, the support needed may be beyond your skill level or comfort zone. Respite care will bridge this time period until you can step in again.
- To offer socialization options – Some people regularly access respite care at a senior living facility. This option offers the opportunity to have social interactions and develop relationships outside the family caregiver.
Finally, your aging loved one may be considering a move to a senior living community. Temporary respite care is one way to see if this is a good option. If you and your loved one think you might be interested in Calder Woods, accessing respite care for a set time may be just the perfect way to see if it’s a fit.
What Is Respite Care for Seniors?
When you access respite care, your loved one will experience professional services that are compassionate, warm, and personal. The well-being, health, and comfort of everyone in respite care are paramount to the staff of reputable respite care facilities for the elderly.
The staff will do the following:
- Monitor medications
- Follow routines to minimize resident disorientation
- Be readily accessible when needed
- Provide connection, compassion, and conversation
- Assist with the tasks of daily living (bathing, toileting, eating, dressing, grooming, transferring)
- Provide access to social opportunities
- Make activities of interest, fresh air, and exercise available as desired and appropriate
Learn More About Buckner Calder Woods Today
Your needs matter. Respite care can temporarily relieve some of the burdens of caregiving. No matter how much love there is, supporting the elderly can be draining over time. Reduce stress, regain energy, and achieve balance by taking a break. Your senior loved one will enjoy the break too, and get to meet new people and experience new routines. Find out more about respite care for the elderly near Beaumont, TX. Contact Calder Woods today by using our online form or calling 844.536.0569.